Monday, April 13, 2009

Not One but TWO Homeruns!

Emily's team had a tournament on Saturday in New Hope. They played 3 games...and they lost 3 games. They just couldn't seem to get their minds in the game. Hopefully they'll play better next Saturday.
Anyway, the good news is that Emily hit a home run in the 1st game. It was a great hit....you could tell by the way the bat cracked the ball that it was going far! She took off running....and I could see the girls in the outfield not making much effort to get the ball. It was then that I realized the ball was on the other side of the fence. HOORAY! All her teammates greeted her as she came in to home plate. An hour and 1/2 later game two began and Emily went up to bat. "CRACK", she did it again! I must admit it brought a tear of joy to my eyes.

Last year, at the end of an amazing softball season, Emily told Carson "I am going to hit a home run next year....just watch". Carson, who was a graduating senior, just gave her a look of encouragement and said "OK". I remembered that little conversation as I watched her round the bases the 2nd time and felt very proud. It was exciting to witness her self-proclaimed prophesy be fulfilled. Way to go girl!

She also got to play hind-catcher for one inning in the 3d game. She was GITTY. She's been wanting to play catcher...and she did a good job. I was secretly hoping she'd hit another homer in the 3d game.... but the pitcher was incredible and struck her out. Oh well, these things keep us humble.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Emily. Sure wish we could of seen those games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very proud of her for her homeruns!! Hope she will do it again soon!!

    ReplyDelete