
Last night was Megan's first softball game. She was very excited and talked all the way to "Grassy". Armed with her grape Gatorade she approached the field with excitement and anticipation.
The game was so much fun to watch. Most of the girls had never played before so they weren't always sure what to do. Sometimes they'd run to first base carrying the bat. The coach would be yelling "drop the bat"...and the girls would stop and say "What"...while the parents are yelling "run, run, run". So cute!
I was really curious to see how they pitched. I imagined that there would be a lot of "walking" to base. But our little pitchers were amazing. I was truly impressed. They struck out several girls. Honestly, they are gifted. I couldn't have thrown it that way! Especially not fast-pitch. I wish I had a video camera.
Megan did really well. She had an RBI her first time up to bat. She hit it hard....but got out at 1st base since the ball went right to the base. Later she was walked to 1st...but had fun stealing 2nd and 3d. The Pink Panthers lost 13-10...but it was a fun game. Way to go Megan!

Here is their team getting ready to go on field. Megan hid from me! What do you think about their pink socks with black polka dots? Megan hates them....but I think they looked really cute.
Way to go, Megan, WAY TO GO!
ReplyDeleteAnd, Megan, I wouldn't want to wear those socks, either. ;P
I remember there was a uniform I had to wear for my gymnastics meets in high school that I hated, too. But, since everyone else on my team had to wear it, too, it didn't really bother me.