It's hard to believe that 2009 is almost over. It's been a very busy year for our family. And from the looks of it 2010 is going to be just as busy.
Geary and I both took the day off work on Monday the 21st and spend the entire day shopping. We had a blast. I usually prefer to shop alone, but Geary is fun to shop with. He likes to look around. We open boxes and check things out. He doesn't rush me and tell me to hurry. Geary is a thoughtful shopper and likes to find the perfect gift. AHH....My Soul Mate. We went to the mall, Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Sams, Ross, Target, and Pier One. We were everywhere! We ended our day by watching Invictus. AWESOME MOVIE. We liked it a lot. It was very inspirational. We need more leaders like that.
Christmas was great this year. It was a little different than normal. Geary's kids spent Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at their mom's house, and my kids spend Christmas Eve and Christmas morning at their dad's house. Geary and I enjoyed a quiet house, except for a few minor interruptions, from 6:30pm Christmas eve until noon on Christmas day.
What did we do? Well, I wrapped presents for 6 hours. It didn't seem like we bought that much stuff, but It took a long time to wrap and stuff stockings etc. Geary would have loved to help except he hurt his back on Wednesday night and was unable to get out of bed the entire day! I felt so bad for him. He finally got up around 10 pm....and it took him 20 minutes to walk to the bathroom. We never could have done it without the aid of crutches. He went back to bed and stayed there until 10 on Christmas morning.
Unfortunately, Geary still had last minute shopping to do on Christmas Eve so he sent Melissa out to run a few errands during the day. I was short a few necessary items for my holiday baking and Emily came to my rescue and ran to Wal-Mart. I DO like having kids with a drivers license. I spent most of Christmas Eve morning baking. We made pumpkin rolls and delivered them to neighbors. I also made a real homemade White Chocolate Cheesecake and stirred chopped candied cherries and mini chocolate chips in the batter. Oh MY...it was good! Mashed Potatoes were cooked and ready to be warmed up on Christmas day.
Everyone showed up like clockwork on Christmas morning. Jessica and Melissa were very generous and bought gifts for everyone! Isn't it fun to have a job and some spending money at Christmas time? I have a job....but not much spending money. Thankfully, Geary worked a couple extra jobs to earn cash for Christmas. We couldn't have done it without his hard work.
Melissa and Alex bought Geary tools, and me a pretty purple robe from Victorias Secret. As a joint gift they bought us a new microwave! AWESOME. It has been interesting living without a microwave for the last few months. I didn't realize how dependent my children were on it. Emily asked me how to make hot chocolate without the microwave. Ha ha! I showed her the old fashioned way to boil water. They all learned how to heat up a hot dog on the stove....but they prefer the taste of a microwaved dog. The first thing we did when we set up the microwave was pop a bag of popcorn. YUMMY! - I must be a Mayberry. Melissa also got us a gift card to Bruesters Ice Cream (where Geary proposed), a fondue pot for two, and us some much needed spoons and forks. All 24 of ours have seem to disappeared. Hmmm....
Jessica spoiled us rotten too. She bought Geary a cool level that lets you mark the spot where you want to hang your pictures, she bought me some pretty lamps that match my bedroom! And coolest of all was our firepit! Charlie set it up on the deck and I hope to use it for New Years Eve. It will be cool and a good time to roast marshmallows.
Geary bought me everything I asked for....even though he though it was stupid. I got a much needed 2010 calendar. A new pair of tweezers (ya should have seen my eyebrows!) and a new lamp shade for my floor lamp. (My old one had been hot glued enough.) But, my ever so thoughtful husband also bought me a picture for our bedroom. I'd been eyeing it for two years and it was for sale at Hobby Lobby. How did he know?
I got Geary everything he wanted too....saw horses (boring), and a car t-shirt. Of course, it featured a 32 ford. Would he wear anything else?
All the kids and my parents came for Christmas Dinner. We had a pork roast, mashed potatoes, snow peas, pea salad, rolls, and deviled eggs. My mom brought the salad, the rolls, and Oreo dessert. YUMMY. She also brought sausage balls as an appetizer. They were a hit. I made hot spinach dip...it was ok...but we decided the recipe could use some tweeking. More cheese...less spinach...more hot sauce.
It was a great day! Thanks to everyone for their generosity. We received and gave more gifts than I have time to record. The best part of the day was spending time with family!
New Year's will be more laid back. I have New Years eve off and Emily and I are going to look for a Home Coming Dress. Did I mention that she was nominated to the Home Coming Court? Home Coming is on January 15th. I hope we can find something pretty and on sale! After shopping I plan on coming home and doing NOTHING. You know me....we'll see how well that goes.
Our family will continue to grow in 2010....and I won't even get stretch marks. HOORAY!Charlie and Jessica are trying to book ANNABELLAS for their wedding. The new date is July 30th. Wish us luck! Check out the site and let us know what you think. http://www.annabellaweddings.com/
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
No comments:
Post a Comment