It was a very busy and exciting summer. I'll start off with the most exciting news of all....
Jessica and Charlie's Wedding!
July 30, 2010




These are the only pictures I have so far. I thought I had a whole file saved on my computer...but they seem to have disappeared. I'll post a picture of Geary and the boys with Jessica. The pictures turned out beautiful.
The wedding was very lovely. It was extremely hot outside; fortunately, the ceremony was short and sweet. After the I Dos....everyone went inside to enjoy the cool air conditioning and the Italian dinner. We served stuffed shells, salad, bread sticks, and refreshing lemonade.
Jessica made some really cute gift boxes for everyone. They were placed on all the tables and were stuffed full of Hershey's Hugs and Kisses. Yummy. The Wedding Cake was modern and really cool looking. It was a red velvet cake...and it had different fillings between the layers. I wish I had another slice right now!
After the food...everyone went outside and Jessica and Charlie entertained us with a dance routine. It was so sweet. They worked really hard on it for a month or two. Afterwards everyone joined in and had some fun on the dance floor. It was fun watching our two son in laws dance together! We are such a crazy family.....ya gotta love us!

Geary's sister...Kathie, his mom....Josephine....and his niece and nephew...Haylie and Shelby came from California and stayed with us for a week. The cousins had a great time talking and laughing. They pulled a few late nighters. It's no fun going to bed early. Poor Grandma was kept up all night with the sound of laughter.
We were all able to go to the movies, out to eat, out for ice-cream etc. I was surprised at all the girls. They sat at the table and colored for hours on end. We have some great artists in our family. I wish we didn't live so far away!
One week after the wedding school started for us Woodvillians. School started on August 10th. Things were going good until August 12th when Emily wrecked the car. She and Megan were on their way home from school and a car pulled out in the line of traffic. The truck in front of Emily slammed on their brakes....smoke was coming from the tires. Emily tried to stop but rear-ended the truck. Fortunately, Emily and Megan weren't seriously injured. Thank goodness for airbags.
I was surprised how bruised Emily was. Her head, arms, and legs were very bruised. Megan has a huge bruise on her leg....but no where else. The worst injury was done to Geary's car. He was a good sport....and has never complained. It has been a challenge only having one car and a family of 7 on the weekends.
Fortunately, Geary drives a work truck, so has transportation to and from work. But we've been taking turns with the car at night. I know he is anxious to get something else.


That is the bulk of our exciting summer. Of course, there was a lot of other activities going on. In June Brandon and Spencer went to Scout Camp. They spent a week camping out and canoing. They canoed for a couple days down the Okowee River. They would paddle all day and camp at night. They had a lot of rain and their tents flooded and all their stuff got wet. They were good sports and tried to make clothes and underware out of alluminum foil. It didn't work but it was good for a laugh.
Emily spent a week at YW camp. Next year will be her last year...and Megan's first year. While she was gone I painted her bedroom. She was very happy when she got home Her walls are a cool yellow, with a big white stripe at the top by the ceiling. There is a red border where the white and yellow meet. It looks sporty and fun. I also painted her trim black. It was a pain...but it looks nice. When she got back she was inspired and painted her furniture and the shelves in her closet. It really turned out cute.
After painting Emily's room we painted Nick's bedroom. He picked out Green...'cause he loves the Celtics. It took a couple weeks to paint his room. We had a lot of white stipes, and some cool designs. It is very cool and awesome looking.
Other things that filled in my time were trips to the doctor, and planning Jessica's bridal shower. We had her shower on July 9th. Her mom, Mary, helped with the vege trays, and Sarah Carlson helped with some games and prizes. My mom was great and helped me get thing set up and stayed to help clean up. It took forever! 25 people came and Jessica got a lot of great gifts that completed her kitchen. We are so thankful to have good friends. I'll add some shower pictures later on.
We are back into our fall sport routine. Emily to basketball and Brandon to football. Nick is sitting out on basketball this year....I really wish he wouldn't! Brandon's s back has been hurting so I've taken him to the chiropractor a few times this week. Actually, I took him twice and his Grandpa took him once. (Thanks DAD!) He's doing fine and we're looking forward to a game tonight.
Just FYI - the Woodville Panthers won their 1st game of the season last Friday against their arch rival - Skyline. Score 7-6. This win broke their 14 game losing streak. Good Luck Panthers!
Other Changes - I was released as the Seminary Teacher and called to be Relief Society 1st counselor. I was disappointed at first...but I am glad now. Work has been very busy and I don't think I could have pulled it off this year. The kids have been great about going. It's been 3 weeks and Spencer has never been absent. Emily and Brandon have missed one day. GREAT JoB! They get up at 5 and leave at 5:35. I'm proud of them for going.
Geary just finished taking some airconditioning certification classes in Memphis. He was gone for 4 days, two weeks in a row. He got a 99 on his exams. My husband is a genious!
That is all for now. Enjoy your Labor Day Weekend. Hopefully I'll blog again real soon.

What an exciting and event full summer. Congratulations Jessica! You looked beautiful!! I can't wait to see more pics.
ReplyDeleteAngela, I would think it would be such a relief not doing seminary anymore. RS is busy, but much more do-able. Your so awesome I am sure they have a hard time keeping you in one calling for a long time. Everyone wants you!!! We sure miss you!! Hopefully we will see you at the next reunion. Love you!!!