Friday, May 28, 2010

Megan and May Madness - For Real

This has been a CRAZY month. I couldn't decide if I should do my post by child or by daily event. I guess I'll do both...since most of my events this month are about Megan.

At the End of March Megan's class went on a field trip to the Chattanooga Aquarium. I went along as a chaperone. We had a great time. It was the best day off I've had in a long time. We watched a 3D movie about the life cycle in the ocean, and then toured the aquarium. If you are ever in Chattanooga you should check it out.


On May 2nd, I was busy making a cake for my Seminary Class...I know, not a healthy breakfast. Anyhow, I dropped the sugar bowl on the floor. It didn't break, but sugar was everywhere! I cleaned it up (I thought) but as Megan was going to bed she stepped on some glass. Blood was everywhere and she was freaking out. She wouldn't let me touch her or feel her foot or anything.

Upon closer inspection of the kitchen floor I realized that some slivers of glass came off the sugar bowl. Megan cleaned her own foot and said she thought the glass came out. I sent her to bed...and then off to school the next day.


May 3d -Taught Seminary 6-7. Worked 8-5, Hospital 7-9, Baking 9-10:30.

After I got home from work, Megan told me that she had glass in her foot and that she had to limp around all day! It was 6 pm so the DR was closed. I had to take her to the ER.


Megan in Triage

Megan wanted a shot to numb her foot.
Megan is changing her mind about the shot. She said she didn't realize it would hurt!

$75.00 later the glass was out and she was good to go. We went straight home and at 9:00 pm I made a dessert to take to the sports banquet the next day.

May 4- taught Seminary 6-7, Work 8-5, Sports Banquet 6:30-9, Memphis trip 10-1:30
We went to the sports banquet after work. Nick and Emily got awards for playing Basketball. Emily got 3 additional awards for The Most Rebounds, The Most Steals, and MVP.

After spending the night as very proud parents eating some very pricy and not so yummy BBQ we went home and did what most normal parents do......drove to Memphis Tennessee. Geary had a business meeting on Wednesday morning and they asked him to bring his spouse. SO....we drove into the night looking for an adventure. Well at 1:00 we got one. Geary got a speeding ticket. (Darned TN police!) He was going a whopping 68 in a 55. There were no cars on the road and the speed limit changed 3 times in one mile. It was a bit of a set up.....I think Geary actually said a 4 letter word. (That doesn't happen very often!)

May 5 - 1:30 - check into hotel. 2:00 - showers - 2:30 sleep. 6:00 - Text message from Emily asking if she had to take Megan and Brandon out to dinner. She woke me up for that!? UGH, kids! 8:00 up and getting ready. 10 - join the meeting. The great thing about working for the church is that all meetings start with a prayer and song. Guess who got to be the pianist? Yes...me. Guess who I asked to be the chorister. Geary! By the way....he has many talents but leading music isn't one of them. Sorry dear.....can't be perfect at everything.

12:30 meeting over and we journeyed back home after a steak dinner at a local steak house. It was an interesting driving through Tennessee and Mississippi during the day. It was one week after the horrible flooding and we could see the aftermath. Tall trees showed the remains of muddy water left on their leaves. It was amazing how high the water got! We could even see the path of a tornado, knocking down trees and removing roofs from houses.

The highlight of the trip home was a stop at The Hot Rod Shop outside Corinth Mississippi. Geary loved all the old cars.....and the owner loved to talk about every single one of them. We were there for 2 hours...but Geary got a free car T-shirt out of the deal. A man can NEVER have too many car t-shirts.

May 6 - Megan has a Softball game after work

May 7 - Emily Regional Softball Tournament. It was double elimination and they lost their first two games. Bummer! But....Emily stole 3d and ended up with scrapes and cuts on both arms, her tummy, and her knees. Pretty!

May 8 - Primary Activity 10 - 11:30, 4 pm Megan Softball Tournament

May 10 - Megan Softball Game

May 12 - Megan has strep throat I take another day off work and we go to the Dr., the pharmacy, and Pigly Wigly for yogurt and Chicken Noodle Soup. Then we go home to lysol down the house.

May 14 - Last day of Seminary (can you hear shouts of joy!?) Megan Softball Game 7 pm

May 16 - PotLuck at church (take a meal and dessert)

May 17 - After work we had a missionary and his family and another church family over for dinner. There were 15 of us. We had a great time talking and laughing. Megan dressed up in Emily's clothes.....she was quite entertaining as she posed for everyone. She doesn't look 10 in these pictures.


May 18 - Emily informs me that she has a project due on Wednesday. She has to build a model of an invention made in the 1800s. I went to Michaels and Walmart after work to gather supplies. Emily made this and got an A.


Internet Picture


May 19 - Megan called me at 4:30 at work and told me her head itched. She said when she scratched there was a bug in her hair. OMG! NO NO NO NO NO....not LICE!

6:00 home from work to inspect Megan's head. Yes - lice is confirmed.
6:30 drove 100 MPH to walmart to buy out their lice shampoo and RID spray.
8:30 home dumping LiceFreeee in Megan's hair, my hair, Brandon's hair and Emily's hair. FUN!

Brandon was clean, Emily was clean, I was clean...Megan was completely infested. I cleaned her hair fo 2 hours! It's a miracle that noone else had it!
1:30 Took my own Shower
2:00 Bagging, spraying, and praying
3:30 off to bed (I read scriptures for 10 minutes to make sure my prayers of being lice free were answered)
May 20 - Call in "sick" to work, and at 6:30 start (continue) doing laundry, mopping, etc.

Did I mention that Geary left for a business trip on May 19th and didn't return until May 21st. How did he get so lucky!

May 21 - up at 5:30 to go to work. Since I was completely exhausted after working all day, Geary came home and took me to Red Lobster. Awesome food!
May 22 - Run to Bridge Street to check out shoe sale at 2:00 (sold out). 2:30 Went to my work to print out papers for scripture chase game. 3:00 go to Walmart and at 3:20 I was at Subway eating lunch with Megan. 3:30 arrived at church to set up my scripture chase game. Emily takes Megan to Amber's house. Seminary Graduation 4-6 pm. 6:15 Pick up Megan from Amber's house.

Emily took Megan to Amber's house while I was at church. I figured she'd hang out and watch TV. No problem...rght? Well, Megan decided to get a glass of juice. She spilled it all over Amber's computer. The computer shut down....it wasn't looking good. Fortunately for Megan, the computer started up after drying out. Two keys are sticking....so I'll have to look into fixing that. Megan Megan Megan. I take her from Amber's house, used great restraint by not strangling her, and we were off to go shopping for Groceries from 7:30-10. We drove drove home and unload groceries from 10:30-11:00. At 11:30 I very grumpily make Millionaire Pie for company coming the next day for dinner. At 12:00pm I was off to bed. AHHHHH!
May 23 - 6:00 am - up cooking chicken and shrimp, and making alfredo for lunch that afternoon. Church at 9:30...Lunch at 2:00---yummy meal. At 3:20 Megan's softball coach called to tell us that they are having Softball pictures taken at 3:30. Fortunately the school is only 5 minutes away.
So you can see it's been an eventful month. I redid Megan's hair last night (May 27) and she was completely clean. Thank Goodness! I didn't use the rid shampoo....it doesn't work....not thoroughly anyway. I used LiceFreee....it is hair gel that smells like licorice. It is non-toxic and worked wonderful. It's very expensive but worth it. Hope you don't have to find out for yourself though.
May 28 - Geary was supposed to take the boys on a Father Son Camp out with our church group. A great tempest come from the sky and they decided on CiCi Pizza and a movie instead. Emily had a softball banquet at 7:00. Our electricity was out for a couple hours but came on at 6:15 - just in time for me to make Jambalaya for the dinner. Emily got several awards for softball too. Most Steals, Most Homeruns, Amazing Hustle, and most determined.
Travel Ball is now starting for Emily. We hope she gets "discovered" and offered a college scholarship.l

I'll update you on all the exciting June events in a couple weeks. We are still Amazing....tired, AND Lice free.

No comments:

Post a Comment