Wednesday, November 11, 2009

November Birthday Bash

Geary's mom and brother came to visit this past week. They arrived on Wednesday night (5 hours late thanks to American Airlines) and left this morning. I was really sad to see them leave. Geary's mom, Josephine, is alot of fun; and his brother, Melvin, is hysterical. The kids and I loved having them visit.

I wanted to something special while Josephine and Melvin were here. Since it is Josephine and Hannah's (our granddaughter) birthday on November 17th, and my dad's birthday on November 18th, I decided to throw a family birthday party.

After going to the movie on Friday night, Josephine and I came back and baked in preparation for Saturday's party. Josephine made a WONDERFUL carrot cake. I made 2 cheesecakes, and we also made mashed potatoes and a black bean and corn salad. Saturday rolled around and after Emily's basketball game we popped 2 spiral hams in the oven to eat with our side dishes. My mom made a huge broccoli salad and brought some dinner rolls to help complete the meal.

Everyone was there - except Amber Huston! They changed her work schedule at the last minute so she couldn't come. Here is the list of attendees: Josephine, Melvin, Geary, Me, Emily, Brandon, Megan, Melissa, Alex, Jessica and her boyfriend, Charlie, Spencer, his girlfriend - Katherine, Nick, Kenny, Jessica, Hannah, Kaitlyn, and Don and Judy Mayberry. That's 20!

We had a cooler full of IBC Rootbeer and Water, streamers on the ceiling, and a house full of people. It was a lot of fun. We had a great meal, then the B-Day girls and boys opened their presents. After opening presents we played Pin the Tail on the donkey and watched homemade family videos. So Fun! I love our family and had a great time. I'm so thankful that everyone showed up and participated, and helped pull it together.


A funny gift from Melissa.


A robe from Jessica A gift card to Oh Charlie's
Roll Tide....an Alabama Shirt!
Ya gotta get a tie on your birthday....it's tradition!

Hannah got a Hippo Toy, A Push and Ride toy, movies and cool gothic clothing from Melissa.



Everyone found a place to sit so we could play Pin the Tail on the Donkey. Geary blindfolded everyone and then spun them around.

Josephine went first...but I couldn't find my camera! Josephine got it the closest to the target! Wish I had a picture of that....but here are the rest.

Megan's turn. She was so dizzy after being spun around that she actually fell down! Kaitilyn couldn't wait for a turn....
Brandon was a little confused so Geary had to guide him to the board.
Emily tried measuring with her fingers....she felt out the board AND STILL missed the mark.
Ahhh! Geary was just waiting for Charlie's turn. Geary spun Charlie around and then very forcefully led him out the front door! Charlie was a good sport....and Geary....well, he's just an over protective father~! Lots of Laughs!

Go for it Nick!
Jessica was hoping her dad would throw her outside so she could be with Charlie!

Grandma Judy's turn
Even Melvin wanted a shot at the donkey!
Katherine was very picky about the number on her tail. Geary gave her number 5 but it wasn't good enough so she had to find her lucky number.
Go Jessica.......nice try but you put it on the leg.
Grandpa's turn. Grandpa just knew the tail didn't belong on the board. He put it on the TRUE donkey first. See the next 2 pictures.
Here is where Grandpa pinned the tail! What do you think about his accuracy?
Geary really gave Spencer a hard time.

He held up a card table with nothing on it for Spencer to use. Cheater!

Geary had to stand on a foot stool so he could tie the bandanna around Kenny.

I had to insert this picture of Kaitilyn cause she's so dang cute!

It was a fun party! We ARE the amazing Mundts!

No comments:

Post a Comment