Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lamkin Family Reunion in Sand Springs Oklahoma

The reunion was July 11th-12th in Sand Springs Oklahoma. Most everyone stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn. It was so much fun to be in the hotel and run into my cousins. We may not have seen each other in years and years....but the love was still there. I loved talking to everyone and wish we had more time together.

The cabin in Sand Springs was AMAZING. The pictures just don't do it justice. The landscaping was really beautiful. It was so hot outside....105 the day we left, but the kids still enjoyed the playhouse and playground area. I had forgotten about the heat in Oklahoma! WOW! It's a sign that I need to visit more often!


































We gathered together to visit, eat, and celebrate our wonderful family. We enjoyed watching slides of Gramps and Grammy. They are such beautiful people.... no wonder our family is so good looking. We have great genes.

I don't know what year this was taken, but they are standing next to a Ford Victoria. Geary drooled over this picture. Good thing I archived it for our family records! Also, Here's Grammy and Gramps at age 18. Movie Stars!





















Where do the years go! This is a picture of Grammy and Gramps at their 50th anniversary.
And a picture of them at the reunion. Guess they've been married 72 years! They could write a book!




















Here are some family pictures....they're just in here randomly. I wish I had a better camera. It would be good if we could put all our pictures together and put them on a CD....like my mom did with the old pictures and slides we watched at the reunion.



























































































































































































































































I wish I had a picture of the HOT BLONDE that was hinting on my father! I should have gotten a picture of his red face, and a video of his nervous laugh. Too funny! If you have any older friends who are feeling a little lonely....send them to the Sands Springs Hampton Inn on 81st street. They are practically guaranteed a hardy breakfast and a back rub! Ha Ha! Mom....you are such a good sport!

The best thing about the reunion was.....well EVERYTHING. The Blue Grass Band was really fun to listen to. Ava was so sweet out there moving to the beat. Madison and Matt drew in quite a crowd with their dance routine. Matt bumping his head on the chandelier was classically funny....Perfect! And little Ian jumping in and doing a dance was hysterical. That was more entertaining than any movie I've ever seen!
The usual arm wrestling took place and that was fun too. Alicia, you still got it girl. Emily...keep working out. Alicia will turn old and frail someday......maybe! Brandon, Austin, and Logan...stay strong....I'm sure you'll be wrestling again the next time we get together.

The kids played outside a lot. But in the evening we enjoyed a game of spoons together. We had a good time, even though Brandon and Corey are CHEATERS! I think Madison ended up winning.

The most fun of all was visiting with cousins and getting to know those who were so fortunate to marry in to this crazy bunch of people. I loved talking to Brad and Stacey. Stacey....I feel like I've known you forever. I told Geary that I felt like I was at home talking to a friend from church. You are just so nice and comfortable to talk to. You're girls are gorgeous! Good luck with the teen age years.

I loved catching up with Greg. You are so great with all the kids. Thanks for teaching Megan a new handshake. Maybe Alicia will forgive you for torturing her when we were kids. Good luck in school! You'll be a great teacher.

I'm glad I got to meet Trisha's husband...what a nice guy. You guys are set up and ready for an adventure in your 5th wheel. Please come to Alabama for a visit. We'd love to see you!

Ashley....Ava is such a sweet heart! It was fun watching her dance to the Blue Grass music and with the older girls. You have a beautiful family. Keep us updated on all your progress.

Jordan....Jordan...Jordan. I can't wait to hear what happens with your girlfriend...or is it X-girlfriend. Sometimes a guy just can't win. If you really want her back...send flowers. If you are enjoying the peace and quiet (which is why she is so mad at you) then move on. With those big blue eyes you'll have no problems finding another girl. Maybe one with a sense of humor.

I was really touched watching Julie and Grammy together. Isn't it great to have a forever best friend? I love that you guys stay close and watch out for each other. Also, Juanita and Woody seemed like such nice people. Juanita is so talented. I loved listening to her play the piano.

I loved visiting with everyone - I left thinking "Oh, I didn't really get to talk to Jeff or Lisa....or Uncle Bob or Uncle Mitchell...etc. I wish we had more time. Feel free to e-mail me whenever angela.mundt@dynetics.com .

Grammy was her usual fiesty and funny self. Guess you'll always be putting the "nipple on the bottle." And Gramps....I loved exchanging hugs and I love you's with you. Thanks for all the memories!

We really missed seeing Cheryl, Brett, and Jason's family! We wished you could have been there!






1 comment:

  1. Love, LOVE, LOVE the pics. I am so glad there are people way smarter than me and remember their camera and actually take pictures. Great post!!!

    ReplyDelete