Monday, May 18, 2009

Football Games and Broken Bones

Brandon in the waiting room.

Brandon and Nick in the ER bed.

Brandon played at the Football jamboree on Friday evening. He had been working out with the team everyday after school and was excited to play defense! As he was leaving he excitedly told me he might get to play with the varsity team. My first reaction was "COOL". Then the motherly instincts kicked in and screamed "NO". I didn't want him to get hurt.
When the coach called at 9:00 p.m. I knew something was wrong. He said Brandon got tackled and needed to have his shoulder x-rayed. I met the bus at the school at 10:00 p.m. and took him to Huntsville Hospital. After x-rays and MUCH WAITING they confirmed that his collar bone is broken...but that it won't need surgery. I do have to follow up with an orthopedic doctor this week so they can monitor his healing.
Brandon is very brave...he insists on dressing himself and doing everything he can on his own. It hurts to move from a sitting to upright position therefore getting in and out of the car is difficult. Getting out of bed (off the couch) is quite painful. Please remember Brandon in your prayers.
Nick was very concerned about Brandon and went with me to the hospital. We didn't get out of the hospital until 2:30. Then we went to the pharmacy to get his pain medication. We didn't get home until 3:30 a.m. It was a very long day!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Brandon! We are thinking of you, Brandon, and hope you heal fast and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How absolutely miserable!! NO MORE FOOTBALL.
    This is the only time your mother is aloud to baby you. Suck it up and let her. Take it easy!! We love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH!!!!!!! I finally got it to take my comment. It was a problem with my google account. I had to get my password reset. But Now I can comment. I am sure you are just estatic.

    By the way...Way to go Amber on your scholorships. That is so exciting. I can't believe my baby niece is graduating. Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete