We can hardly believe that it is time for Spencer to graduate. When I met Spencer he was 12 years old and had just become a Deacon at church. I remember how excited he was to be the Bishop's messenger. So excited that he got his hair trimmed. Back then, that was a big deal.
I've seen him get his braces on and off, taught him to drive a stick, and watched him leave for his 1st date. When we met he was totally into skateboarding. Now he is totally into cars. He's had a lot in the last 2 years. Spencer is a Honda man. In the past few years he's taught himself how to play the piano and the guitar. He is an excellent composer too. In fact...I think that's one of his greatest gifts.
He's worked at Subway, McDonalds, and Rue21. He's even done some construction side-work with his Dad. Spencer has even been a great help to his mom while remodelling her house.
Spencer always trys to do what is right. He's considerate of others, and loves to make us laugh. He's the peacemaker in our house.
I love you Spencer. It's been a privelege having you as a step-son. We look forward watching you graduate and we are excited for you to serve a mission. We are also sad that this short period of time has come and gone so quickly. It's been a lot of fun. We have a lot of happy memories and we know there is more to come. Thank for being you!

