Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Basic Mundt / Huston Family Update

Hope everyone is doing well. We are keeping very busy. Geary has a couple side jobs lined up. He will be putting siding on one house and the other job is a bathroom remodel. We hope to buy a new mattress for our bed with the money. But I bet we end up paying our taxes. I am so dreading the call from our accountant....ugh!


What’s new with the kids? Funny you ask. Spencer and Emily are getting ready for prom. Emily is going tonight with her date to pick out his tux. Spencer works at Rue 21, and Emily has put in an application there. She has an interview tonight. It was fun watching her panic and pick out what she is going to wear. Say a prayer for her.

Megan has been a little artist. She painted a glass treasure box the other day and did an excellent job. She also managed to get paint on the floor of every room downstairs. Fortunately for her I was able to mop it all up last night.  She has also been helping me with cooking. I called her from work at 3:30 on Tuesday and walked her through preparing a roast for dinner. By the time I got home it was done and ready to eat. It was really good. She’ll be a little chef like Amber.

Nick was playing basketball at his mom’s house last week and fell of the concrete slab while “perfecting his signature move”. He hurt his ankle very badly. He went to the doctor this morning and found out that he did break a bone.  They put him in a cast and told him that if he ever wants to play basketball again he'll have to stay off his foot.   His cast is green in honor of his favorite basketball team; the Celtics.

Nick and Brandon both turned 15 and have gotten their drivers permits. Nick has been practicing with his sisters (they have automatics), and Brandon has been practicing with me in the Tiburon. He’s doing pretty good. He likes driving to church on Wednesday and Sundays. I let him drive to the doctor last Monday. He had to get his DTaP booster. His arm is pretty sore.


Today is Kenny’s birthday. Happy Birthday Kenny!

Jessica got a full time job at Dillards. I assume she’ll start next week. Yea! I think she’ll enjoy dressing up and working at the mall. It will be quite a change from Lowes.  I hope she loves it.  

Melissa is still working and cutting hair. She’s on the hunt for a new car. Every time we find a good one someone buys it out from under her. We are looking for a Honda. They are so reliable but they are high in demand.  Anybody know of one for sale?

Amber is still looking for a job and is hoping to start school this fall. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that she’ll make it happen.

I have been very busy with softball, work, and my church calling. We are doing a service project in May. We’re making hats and blankets for the NICU. I made my first knit hat last night and it turned out pretty cute. I bought some material to make a blanket. I need mom to come home and help me with her sewing machine. I hope the sisters at church enjoy doing these things. It would be great to take a big shipment at Christmas time.

I'll post some new pictures soon!

I hope everyone is doing well. Please send an update when you can...and for Heavens Sake....update your blogs! I miss reading about everyone and seeing pictures.  I can’t get on Facebook at work so I rarely see the updates.

Happy Birthday to Amber Mayberry – I know it’s coming up.