Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Thanks to everyone who made 2010 memorable and fun.   It was a very busy year for our family.   Things change so much, and so quickly.   Our house used to always be full of people and we were always out of milk.  As the kids have gotten married, and the ones that are still at home have gotten older, they spend less and less time at the house.   They work, play sports, and hang out with friends.   It's kind of bittersweet.   Now that I am free to take a nap, I don't want to.   14 years ago I fantasized about a nap.

We appreciate all the acts of kindness extended to us over Christmas.   We feel very blessed to have good friends that think about us.   Two different people anonymously left gifts and food at our door step.   We were so overwhelmed by that gesture of kindness....at the same time, we felt so guilty.   We aren't rich, but we have what we need.   We were blessed so abundantly that when we heard of a family where the dad lost his job, we were able to take food to them to help them get through the holiday.   We couldn't have done that if we hadn't had been blessed first.   "Pay it Forward"...Right?  Next year I'd like to give more service at Christmas.   Nothing feels better than being able to help someone out.

2011 - Spencer will graduate, Emily will be a senior, Amber will move to Tuscaloosa.  We'll have 2 kids in Highschool, and one in JR High.  I anticipate a year of football, softball, and basketball.  I wonder if we'll be blessed with more grandchildren?   I'd love to go on a family trip this summer, Texas, Oklahoma, California?  Who knows.  I just want to go while we still have kids at home.   

I know the year will bring many adventures and unexpected twists and turns.....I look forward to the wild ride.  As Helen Keller said, "Life is either a great adventure or nothing."