Friday, December 9, 2011

The Wonder of Christmas




It's been a very busy month...and we aren't even 1/2 way through!   Our church sponsors a Christmas Festival every year.  It's actually quite amazing and totally free.   I recommend it to anyone who is in the area.   It's a good way to get into that Christmas Spirit.  Beautiful Trees, a Live nativity, quilts, and an amazing choir.   Go if you can!  Click on the above link for the address and event schedule.

The Scottsboro Ward was asked to help with various assignments.   Last week Emily, Megan and I went to Huntsville to help.  Megan watched kids in the nursery, and Emily and I put up several Christmas trees.  Yesterday I spent a couple hours rolling out dough and decorating gingerbread men.   We made over 1,000 cookies in 2 1/2 hours.   They expect to have over 3,000 visitors in the next 3 days, and each visitor get's a free cookie.   WOW!

Tonight I will hostess from 5:30 - 8:30.  It will be fun.

Our lives have been filled with Basketball games, doctor visits, Christmas shopping, and other various activities.   Last night the Relief Society went Christmas Caroling.   It was a lot of fun.   Even though it was very cold outside, it was worth it to see the excitement on the children's faces, and to see how thrilled the senior citizens were to get a visitor.   We passed out Christmas cookies and invitations to the festival.